Great news! Azamara Cruises is back in the water! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Quick updated checklist of what you need prior to boarding
- Proof of vaccination
- Complete a health questionnaire
- Provide a negative SARS-CoV-2 test result
Do I need a vaccine to travel on an Azamara Cruise?
To ensure the safety and health of our guests and crew members, all guests must be fully vaccinated at least 14 days before sailing with all required COVID-19 vaccine doses. All crew members are vaccinated.
- Guests must show proof of vaccination to sail
What Vaccines are Accepted?
Vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the European Medicines Agency are accepted.
- Please be aware that certain countries we sail from or visit during a voyage may require a specific vaccine, and only those travelers vaccinated with the requisite vaccine will be considered fully vaccinated.
- Be sure to review your departure country's requirements or consult our guest materials prior to sailing for these requirements.
Can I have mixed Vaccinations?
Following CDC guidelines, Azamara will consider a guest fully vaccinated with proof of vaccination that can include mixed doses of the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines. Guests can have mixed doses that include AstraZeneca as long as the AstraZeneca dose is administered first, and then either the Pfizer or Moderna dose within 8-12 weeks. No other mixed vaccine doses will be accepted.
What proof of Vaccinations do I need to bring?
Verified documentation should be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by either (1) the country’s health authority that administered the vaccination (e.g., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card) or (2) the guest's medical provider that administered the vaccination. If the original vaccination card is unable to be obtained, electronic proof of vaccination on a government sponsored site/app, will that be accepted as proof of vaccination?
What if I or someone in my party is not able to receive a vaccine?
At this time, Azamara is unable to accomodate any guest who cannot be vaccinated.
- Statement from Azamara: "We understand that receiving a COVID-19 vaccine may not be a possibility for some guests because of medical restrictions or other personal reasons. While we value each of our loyal guests, Azamara is responsible for the collective safety and wellbeing of all who sail aboard our vessels and therefore, at this time, we are unable to accommodate any guest who cannot be vaccinated. Azamara will continue to monitor recommendations by global public health experts."
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Negative COVID-19 Testing Requirements for sailings
Screening begins with a request to present proof of vaccination, visual check, and health questionnaire. If you show signs of a fever, cough, or fatigue, you’ll be directed to a secondary screening.
- An antigen test that will be administered at the terminal is required for boarding for all guests, regardless of vaccination status.
- We will be guided by the local Ministry of Health to determine if SARS-CoV-2 testing will be required for guests. Closer to your sail date, we’ll provide clear direction should testing be required. Please note many governments and certain airlines require proof of a negative SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR test no more than three days before entry or flight departure.
- At this time, we are not accepting COVID-19 test results from home testing kits.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Guests will have to follow all local guidance at the destinations we visit, including testing/health screening, mask wearing, physical distancing and organized/independent activities.
Things to know:
- All guests and crew will be required to wear face masks when physical distancing isn’t possible including indoor public areas, terminals and during shore excursions in accordance with the Healthy Sail Panel and CDC latest recommendations.
- Guests will not be required to wear masks in their staterooms, while dining in restaurants or in outdoor areas where physical distancing can be maintained.
- Each guest will be provided with a mask upon arriving in their stateroom. However, we encourage you to pack and wear your own face masks to ensure you're comfortable with the mask and it fits properly.
Can I get off the ship at port?
Views on independent exploration by international visitors varies from country to country and even port to port. This remains a very fluid situation. We encourage all guests to explore further on one of our curated and controlled shore excursions, whether that be a small group experience or a private one.
Things to know:
- We encourage all guests to explore on one of our curated and controlled shore excursions, whether that be a small group experience or a private one.
- We’re continually monitoring public health guidelines and will modify policies as new information becomes available and standards evolve.
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Health & Safety on the Ship
All ships are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized prior to every voyage, consistently and frequently throughout your sailing, with disinfecting cleaning agents and techniques that have been certified by health authorities as effective against SARS-Cov-2 (coronavirus).
Buffets will now be served by crew rather than self-service, and more covered or wrapped grab-and-go items will be made available for your convenience around the ship.
Things to know:
- Around the ship, you'll find we've increased Purell® hand sanitizer stations.
- Gloves will be provided to our crew members who require them in their roles, and guests are welcome to bring their own.
- All chemicals are EPA-certified, alcohol-based, and safe for the general population
- Azamara has added new HVAC filtration systems, the air you breathe indoors aboard each of our boutique-style ships is comparable to the fresh sea air you breathe while relaxing on deck.
- This advanced filtration system takes in fresh sea air and moves it through a 2-stage filter, plus copper coils, to eliminate 99.99% of germs.
- We have also committed to changing the filters at twice the frequency recommended by the manufacturer for added quality protection.
Satisfy your wanderlust by booking early with American Airlines Cruises to lock in the cruise of your dreams at the absolute lowest price. Book your next cruise today!
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.