The difference is in the details on a luxury cruise with American Airlines Cruises. Set sail aboard high-end cruise lines, choosing from all-inclusive cruise experiences, small ship sailings, megayachts and more with the help of your Personal Cruise Concierge. Plus, enjoy attractive rates and a bevy of bonus offers on every voyage. View all of our Luxury Cruise sailings and offers. Call us at 800-811-1454 to speak to a Cruise Concierge today.
Great news! Viking Ocean & River Cruise ships are back in the water! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Viking Ocean & River Health & Safety FAQs
Do I need a vaccine to travel on a Viking Cruise?
Viking requires all guests and crew to be up to date in their immunization against COVID-19 at least 14 days prior to travel. In order to sail with Viking, proof of COVID-19 vaccinations—including booster dose (if eligible)—must be provided. This policy is aligned with current guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)..
Effective for departures beginning February 1, 2022 and until further notice concerning Vaccine Booster Requirement:
- This policy update is aligned with current CDC guidelines and means that to sail with Viking, guests will need to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, and if eligible for a booster dose, must have received their booster at least 14 days prior to travel.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.
Do I need to take a Covid Test before Travel?
To ensure your journey is smooth and that you embark your ship as planned, Viking requires that all guests take a pre-departure COVID-19 test.
- Viking will require that all guests take a COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours prior to boarding their outbound flight. OR a COVID-19 antigen test (with a laboratory-certified proof of negative result) within 24 hours prior to boarding your first outbound flight from your home country.
Where can I receive my COVID Test prior to travel?
- Guests may take their COVID-19 test at any participating drug store (Walgreens, CVC).
- Schedule an appointment with your medical professional or health department.
- Select at-home tests will meet Viking’s travel requirement, provided they include a laboratory-certified proof of result.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Once you receive a negative result from your embarkation PCR test, face masks are optional while moving about the ship. Please note: Viking’s Medical Team continually monitors conditions and may deem face masks to be necessary while moving about the ship, based on conditions at the time of travel.
Can I get off the ship at port?
At this time, we expect to allow independent exploration ashore for departures beginning March 1, 2022 or later. However, please note that Viking’s medical team continues to monitor conditions in all destinations to which we operate and may adjust this policy as necessary at the time of travel.
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
You get more when you book with American Airlines Cruises with exclusive AAdvantage member benefits, plus all qualifying cruise line offers, plus all the cruise line loyalty program benefits.
Call 800-259-5642 or book online at American Airlines Cruises today.
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.