WORLDWIDE SCREENING PROCEDURES
Pre-Cruise & Embarkation Day
Enhanced Screening Protocols
- A mandatory health questionnaire (sent before the cruise).
- Newly designed processes for embarkation with assigned arrival times at the port to minimize contact, enable responsible social distancing and enforce enhanced sanitation measures that follow the same high standards as on board
- Contactless temperature checks for a comprehensive health screening before embarkation
- Boarding will be denied to any guest showing signs of illness such as fever (≥5 F°) or flu-like symptoms, including chills, cough or difficulty breathing, or to any guest that has been exposed to a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to embarkation
Online check-in and staggered embarkation
- Booking process will be updated with additional information. Collection of all guests’ contact details will become mandatory in case of updates linked to the COVID-19 situation.
- Web check-in will be highly recommended for a smooth and contactless experience on the embarkation day.
- Booking onboard packages prior to the cruise will be highly encouraged to reduce interactions, minimize long lines and secure space.
Increased Sanitation Measures
- New sanitation methods including electrostatic sprayers and the use of hospital-grade disinfectant products to kill bacteria and viruses.
- Increased frequency of cleaning throughout the whole ship by well-trained housekeeping staff with a focus on high-traffic and frequently touched areas; public spaces sprayed with disinfectant each night
- Staterooms cleaned twice daily with careful attention to regularly touched surfaces and additional deep cleaning at the end of the cruise
- 100% external fresh air supplied to all staterooms and public areas, additionally sanitized through UV-C light technology that kills 99.97% of all microbes and no re-circulation of air between staterooms or within the ship
- Dedicated isolation zones with separate air supply for suspected cases
- Technology such as MSC for Me* (mobile app, in-stateroom TV, interactive screens) will help guests plan and book their favorite activities.
- Service will be adapted to respect social distancing.
- All meals and drinks will be served to guests at their table.
- Self-service buffet will be temporarily unavailable but there will be options for some take-away food throughout the day.
- To minimize risks, MSC Cruises has adapted the processes for ordering, preparing, delivering, consuming and paying for food and beverage services.
- Ongoing health monitoring for all guests
- Extensive screening and medical checks, including testing prior to embarkation, in addition to ongoing health monitoring and temperature checks
Responsible Social Distancing
- A new Remote Guest Service Center will be available by telephone and remote desks will be set up on embarkation day to manage in-person questions in order to avoid lines at the Guest Services desk.
- Newly designed activities with smaller group sizes will be introduced with themed events, fun games, kids and family activities, talent shows, fitness, dance, sports and more.
- Theater shows, entertainment, kids club and activities will be available through pre-booking.
- To ensure proper social distancing among guests, the capacity of the theater will be reduced, more performances of the shows will be offered, as well as live streamed around the ship.
- All open decks will be accessible and pools, whirlpool baths and the aqua park will be
- available with a reduced occupancy to ensure social distancing.
- Sunbeds will be separated to respect social distancing and sanitized after every use, with a deeper sanitation nightly.
Enhanced Medical Resources
- Increased number of qualified medical staff onboard, supported by dedicated Medical Team ashore, all trained to deal with COVID-19 with a response plan that will be activated with local authorities
- Fully equipped Medical Center, including COVID-19 testing equipment and ventilators
- Free treatment is available in the Medical Center to any guest with flu-like symptoms
- Comprehensive isolation procedures for suspected cases
Enhanced Health & Safety Trainings and Continued Education for Crew Members
- All crew will wear protective equipment where appropriate, such as face masks and gloves
- Comprehensive training for all crew on the new enhanced protocol
Extended Ship to Shore Safety
- It is recommended that guests go ashore with an MSC Cruises Shore Excursion, as they will follow the same high standards of health and safety as on board.
WORLDWIDE SCREENING PROCEDURES