Pre-Cruise & Embarkation Day
Enhanced Screening Protocols
- All guests and crew embarking a ship will undergo enhanced pre-embarkation health screening in accordance with prevailing health best practices, such as health questionnaires and touch-free temperature checks as appropriate
- Those identified at risk will undergo an additional health evaluation by medical staff
Increased Sanitation Measures
- Ships and terminals undergo a more thorough sanitization between cruises
Increased Sanitation Measures
- Routinely use a safe disinfectant proven to quickly kill novel coronaviruses
- Staterooms and public areas sanitized more frequently with cleaning and disinfection protocols developed in coordination with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
- Expanded disinfection methods using emerging and advanced technologies that are proven effective against coronavirus and other germs
- Hand Hygiene – Additional handwashing facilities and hand sanitizing stations positioned in high-traffic areas throughout the ship
- Health Information – providing regular health reminders about the ways to stay healthy onboard and when ashore
- Enhanced fresh air distribution into public spaces and staterooms
- HEPA filtration systems to key areas such as Medical Centers and dedicated isolation rooms
- Health checks as appropriate during the cruise for guests
- Health checks as appropriate during the cruise for crew
Responsible Social Distancing
- Responsible physical distancing managed by adjusting the flow, timing and size of groups
Enhanced Medical Resources
- Rapid response and contact tracing plans in case of on-board illness
- A team of highly-trained medical staff including qualified doctors and nurses who have experience in caring for a broad range of medical conditions
- Medical Centers that have both outpatient and inpatient facilities including critical care capabilities
- Medical Centers modified for infection control best practices including dedicated air handling systems with 100% fresh air supply and HEPA exhaust filtration
- Medication onboard that improves COVID-19 clinical outcomes
- COVID-19 testing capabilities onboard and/or ashore with designated laboratories for potential cases onboard
- Dedicated isolation and quarantine rooms should they be needed
Enhanced Health & Safety Trainings and Continued Education for Crew Members
- Ongoing training and education of medical staff in the latest clinical care practices for managing COVID-19 cases
- Trained onboard staff to monitor compliance with health measures
- Training of all crew in COVID-19 health protocols
Extended Ship to Shore Safety
- Partnerships with local and regional medical providers
- Working with local health authorities, destinations and other key partners to ensure alignment on our enhanced health measures.
- Monitor disease activity and health regulations in the destinations we visit, and adjust the itinerary as necessary.
Timely safety and hygiene communications
- Guests will find information in the daily program and on their stateroom televisions.
- Tips displayed on onboard digital screens throughout the ship.
- Daily announcements by the Cruise & Travel Director.
Restaurants, bars and lounges
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are in high-traffic locations, including all entrances to all dining rooms and the Lido Market.Guests will find information in the daily program and on their stateroom televisions.
- Lido Market hand sanitizer stations are staffed to prompt guests to either use the sanitizer or use the available hand washing stations.
- All food service stations, including Lido Market, will be staffed. Any self-serve areas that remain, such as condiment set-ups, will be monitored by dedicated personnel. All serving utensils in self-service locations are replaced every 30 minutes.
Housekeeping for staterooms and suites
- Stateroom surfaces and fixtures are thoroughly cleaned up to twice daily with particular attention to bathrooms, handles, and frequently touched surfaces
- Oxivir solution is used as a secondary sanitation method on all touch points after each stateroom is serviced.
- All guest corridors including handrails, elevator buttons and stateroom door handles are frequently sanitized.
- A nightly deep cleaning and disinfection process for all highly-trafficked public areas using foggers, including: all restaurants, the fitness center, spa, Lido deck areas, promenade, casino, medical center, public restrooms, lounges, bars, lobbies, elevators, atrium, youth activity centers, arcades and all crew public areas.
Guests with flu-like symptoms
- Any stateroom of a guest displaying flu-like symptoms will receive additional deep cleaning.
- All bed linens, table cloths, towels, napkins, etc. in the affected room will be laundered in a high-temperature sanitation wash and dry program.