Great news! Princess Cruises plans to resume cruising in the US with Alaska sailings departing Seattle in July! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Do I need to be vaccinated?
These cruises are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination, in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination and the dates given will be required and will need to be shown at the terminal prior to boarding. Failure to provide this evidence will result in denial of boarding.
There is no age restriction on this series of cruises but guests of all ages must be fully vaccinated. However, due to the complexities of requirements by U.S. Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), it will not be possible to provide the same exceptional experience for all guests, and as a result, we’ve made the decision to not sail with unvaccinated children, 11 and under, on Alaska cruises for Majestic Princess® when she begins sailing July 25, 2021.
Which COVID-19 vaccines will be accepted?
Guests who have received one single dose of a vector vaccine (e.g. AstraZeneca) and one single dose of a mRNA vaccine (e.g. Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna) will not be considered fully vaccinated. Guests who have received two single doses of mixed vaccines that are the same type (e.g., mRNA) will be considered fully vaccinated and will be permitted to sail, so long as the final dose is received at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise.
How will you check that I am fully vaccinated?
It is our guests’ responsibility to comply with our current Princess vaccination policy.
- Prior to the cruise departure, using the MedallionClass app, guests will be required to attest that they will be fully vaccinated at time of embarkation. This means completing all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series at least 14 days before embarkation.
- Guests should be ready to show original proof of vaccination at cruise check-in.
- The original proof of vaccination should clearly show the guest’s name on the vaccination card matching their photo ID, the dates of vaccine doses (final dose must have been received at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise), and the name of facility administering the vaccination.
- Alternative proof may be required if there are questions and concerns about the submitted proof of vaccination.
- Failure to provide this evidence will result in denial of boarding. Information provided will be subject to our privacy notice on princess.com, and shared only as needed with Princess personnel, third parties or local health authorities as part of screening and embarkation-related health protocols.
Princess has not announced a vaccine or testing policy for other ships that might return to service in the coming months.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Things to know:
- Fully vaccinated means the final dose of the vaccine was administered 14 days prior to embarkation
- It’s important for guests to come prepared, as those who arrive at the embarkation terminal without the proper proof of vaccination may not be able to cruise and may not receive a refund
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.
Do I need to wear a mask?
For ships where at least 95% of both crew and passengers are fully vaccinated, cruise ship operators, at their discretion, may advise passengers and crew that they do not have to wear a mask or maintain physical distance in any area.
Masks may be required to be worn in terminals and during embarkation and disembarkation. While guests will be vaccinated, cruise lines will follow protocols and requirements for each destination while ashore.
Things to know:
- All guests should carefully review pre-booking and pre-travel health advice on our website and the website of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Can I get off the ship at port?
It is more than likely that you will need a booked shore excursion to get off the ship once you arrive at port.
According to the CDC's Conditional Sailing Order cruise ship operators, at their discretion, may advise passengers and crew that — if they are fully vaccinated — they may engage in self-guided or independent exploration during port stops, if they wear a mask while indoors. The cruise ship operator is additionally advised that foreign jurisdictions may have their own requirements.
Things to know:
- Cruise lines are working with local authorities, destinations and tour operators so that the enhanced health and safety measures on board are maintained ashore
- Guests must follow the health protocols for every port we visit
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Health & Safety on the Ship
Majestic Princess offering TrulyTouchless™ experiences with more ways to support physical distancing and personalization that simplifies the guest experience and delivers next-level service supporting new health protocols.
The cruise line’s award-winning OceanMedallion wearable device replaces the traditional cruise card and pairs with embedded IoT (“Internet of things”) -driven innovative technology to significantly expand touch-free options and personalization on board Majestic Princess, including:
- Touchless embarkation and disembarkation
- Keyless stateroom entry
- Completely contactless commerce
- Simplified safety training
- On-demand food, beverages and retail items delivered anywhere on board
- Guest service requests via mobile device chat
- Location-based gaming and wageringPrincess Cruises…
- Entertainment content via smart devices
Satisfy your wanderlust by booking early with American Airlines Cruises to lock in the cruise of your dreams at the absolute lowest price.