We have received the following information from Virgin Voyages,
As we await the exciting news of when we’ll finally set sail this fall, we wanted to give you a heads up that we have to cancel a handful of sailings for both Scarlet Lady (departing September 22nd through October 1st, 2021), as well as sailings on Valiant Lady (departing November 14th through May 1st, 2022).
Paid in Full Sailors (Cancelled for the First Time)
- Sailors on Scarlet’s cancelled voyages that have paid in full will automatically receive 200% of their voyage fare as a Future Voyage Credit.
- Taxes, fees and all bookables purchased will be refunded.
- The Double Your Value option will only apply to the amount that was actually paid, not any additional value credited to you.
- If your Sailors have taken advantage of our 2020 WAVE, 2021 WAVE or Thanksgiving Onboard Credit offer, we will honor this on their next booking - please call once rebooked to have this added.
- If your Sailors prefer to receive a refund, they may call before May 27, 2021, to receive a full refund for the amount paid to date. A Future Voyage Credit of 25% of voyage fare paid will also be given to Sailors.
2+ Cancellations (Paid-in-Full Sailors)
Sailors that were previously impacted by canceled sailings have the option to receive either:
- A “refund” of the Future Voyage Credit used in the form of FVC, or a monetary refund for all monies paid. Example: I paid $1,000 for my original cruise in April. I received a 200% FVC ($2,000) and I booked a new cruise for November at $2,500 (used $2,000 FVC and paid extra $500 in cash).
- If I now decide to cancel, I would get back either: $2,500 in FVC, or $1,500 as a monetary refund, which is what I paid in cash ($1,000 for the first sailing and $500 for the second sailing).
Paid in Partial (Sailor with a remaining balance, cancelled for the first time)
- For cancelled voyages on Scarlet Lady, Sailors will automatically receive 200% Future Voyage Credit for the voyage fare amount paid to date.
- If your Sailors have taken advantage of our 2020 WAVE, 2021 WAVE or Thanksgiving Onboard Credit offer, we will honor this on their next booking - please call once booked to have this added.
- If your Sailors prefer to receive a refund, they may call or email before May 27, 2021, to receive a full refund for the amount paid to date. A Future Voyage Credit of 25% of voyage fare paid will also be given to Sailors.
- If your Sailor is Paid In Partial, we are not able to offer the option to Pay in Full and receive the 200% Scarlet or 150% Valiant Future Voyage Credit at this time.
Check here for the most up to date information on Cruise Line Health & Safety Requirements, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, and shore excursion.
Satisfy your wanderlust by booking early with American Airlines Cruises to lock in the cruise of your dreams at the absolute lowest price. Book your next cruise today!