Celebrity's Future Cruise Credit (FCC) is the similar to receiving a store credit that is used for your next Celebrity cruise. Instead of getting the amount refunded to your credit card, you are issued a type of gift card to be used at Celebrity.
The amount of your FCC is calculated based on the cruise fare that was paid, minus taxes, fees, pre-paid gratuities, pre-purchased shore excursions, beverage and Wi-Fi packages, plus additional purchases will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment.
Below are a few common questions and answers about Future Cruise Credits related to temporary suspension of cruise line operations and how to use them.
When you are ready to begin the planning process call one of our dedicated travel agents to redeem your future cruise credit. We are ready to help you plan your next vacation!
How long to redeem the FCC?
- As of September 16th, guests who have already booked using their FCC will be allowed to move to a sailing departing between September 30th, 2021 and December 31st, 2022 at prevailing rates.
- FCCs must be used by April 30, 2022, on sailings departing on or before December 31, 2022, or one year from the original sailing date, whichever is later.
- Please note that Cruise with Confidence FCCs cannot be redeemed on the sailing where it was previously issued.
- Only future sail dates qualify for FCC redemption.
What if there is a difference between the FCC issued for my cancelation and what I want to book next?
- If the new cruise fare on new booking exceeds the value of your FCC, guest is responsible for the difference.
- If the new cruise fare is lower than the value of the FCC, the remaining funds will continue to be available on the initial FCC until the FCC balance is zero.
How is the Future Cruise Credit is issued?
- All Future Cruise Credits will be sent directly to the affected guest, and the associated travel advisor.
What if a FCC was used to pay for my existing cruise, and now I want to change to Cruise with Confidence?
- If a Future Cruise Credit was used to pay for either all or a portion of your existing reservation, all funds will be combined into one FCC. The value of the original FCC will now be added to the new FCC at 100% of its original value, plus the addition of any amount paid. Regardless of the original FCC’s expiration date, the new FCC is valid through April 30, 2022, at which time all unused funds will expire, for sailings departing on or before December 31, 2022.
Can I use the Future Cruise Credit across multiple itineraries, or does it have to be used for a single booking?
- Yes, your Future Cruise Credit may be used across multiple itineraries if there is a remaining balance after initial use. Any remaining funds on the FCC will continue to be available until the FCC balance is zero.
How is the value of my client’s Future Cruise Credit determined?
- Your client’s Future Cruise Credit will be reflective of the Cruise fare (Cruise + Non-commissionable
Cruise Fare) amount paid, less taxes & fees. Refundable Air booked through Flights by Celebrity, Pre/Post Hotels, transfers, etc. will be refunded to the original form of payment.
If I don’t want a Future Cruise Credit and simply wish to cancel for a refund, what are my options?
- If you do not opt-in to receive a Cruise with Confidence FCC, the cancellation policy tied to your reservation at the time of booking will continue to apply. This means that, if you cancel prior to the final payment due date, we will refund any payments we received toward the cruise fare except for any non-refundable deposits. If you cancel after the final payment due date, you will be subject to cancellation charges as determined by the cancellation schedule for your booking.
What happens if there is a difference in cruise fare between the Future Cruise Credit (FCC) issued for my cancelation and what I want to book next?
- If the cruise fare on your new booking exceeds the value of your FCC, you will be responsible for the difference. Alternatively, if the new cruise fare is lower than the value of the FCC, the remaining funds will continue to be available on the initial FCC until the FCC expires or the balance is zero, whichever occurs first.
Are Future Cruise Credits interchangeable between Royal Caribbean Group’s cruise brands?
- No. Future Cruise Credits acquired through the Cruise with Confidence program can only be redeemed on the cruise brand with which you made the booking you cancelled.
American Airlines Cruises has the largest selection of cruise deals for all of the popular cruise lines! Book your next cruise today!