As Holland America Line continues to prepare and develop its plans to meet the Framework for Conditional Sailing Order issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the company is extending its pause of cruise operations for all departures through March 31, 2021. The line also will cancel select longer voyages, and cruises of eight days or longer that call in the United States until Nov. 1, 2021.
Holland America Line has begun to prepare ships and implement procedures to meet all requirements prior to approval to sail following the pause. More details on the company’s return to cruise will be announced as soon as possible.
Cruises impacted by this pause in operation are:
- All cruise departures from Jan. 1 through March 31, 2021.
- Cruises of eight days or more that call at a U.S. port through Nov. 1, 2021.
- Select longer voyages in Asia, Australia/New Zealand and South America through mid-April 2021. Some departures will be rescheduled to comparable dates in 2022.
Guests and their travel agents are being notified directly of the cancellations and options for Future Cruise Credits and rebooking.
Guests will automatically receive a Future Cruise Credit per person as follows:
- Not Paid in Full: those guests with bookings not paid in full will receive a Future Cruise Credit of double the amount of the deposit. The minimum Future Cruise Credit is $100 and the maximum will be an amount up to the base cost of the cruise fare per person. For example, a $200 deposit receives a $400 credit.
- Paid in Full: those guests paid in full will receive 125% Future Cruise Credit of the base cruise fare paid to Holland America Line.
The Future Cruise Credit is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and may be used to book sailings departing through Dec. 31, 2022. The sum of non-cruise purchases, at the guest’s request, can be transferred to a new booking or will automatically be refunded via the method of payment used to purchase the services.
Two Options for Guests on Cancelled Cruises: Guests with impacted cruises have two options to choose from:
- Option 1: Future Cruise Credit for 125% of their booking value plus an additional $250 shipboard credit. Non-cruise fare purchases through Holland America Line will be refunded via the method of payment used to purchase the services.
- Option 2: A full refund will be reimbursed to the original form of payment. This includes Holland America Line’s Flight Ease air, Cancellation Protection Plan, Holland America Line pre- or post-cruise hotel packages or transfers, prepaid shore excursions and amenities purchased through Holland America Line, and taxes, fees and port expenses.
Again there is no need to call to confirm your cancellation. We sincerely thank everyone for their patience and understanding. *Note: Refunds take 90 days to process.